Description du job
Our client, ideally located in the port of Antwerp, first platform worldwide within their activity sector, is currently looking for its business development, a Senior Freight forwarder located in Antwerp.
As a Senior Freight Forwarder, reporting to the Site Director, you will be in charge of managing the transport activity for dangerous goods, for sea freight and rail.
Your main missions will be:
- Development and coordination of the transit activity, in accordance with IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code) rules :
o Management of import and export cases
o Creating customers documentation from the offer to the invoicing
o Relationship with the shipping companies
o Booking with the shipping companies
o Freight negotiation and validation of the bills
o Transit documents edition (booking, customs declaration, Bill of Lading, follow-up of the invoicing payment …)
- Looking for intermodal logistics solutions, and the set-up.
You will secure the quality of service for your activity and you will secure the management of operations up to the final destination.
You will have to size your team according to the development of your activity.
You are proactive in order to optimize your process.
- You can justify from a 5 years experience as a Senior Ocean Freight Forwarder
- You speak perfectly Dutch, with good command of English or French
- Experience with the transport of dangerous goods would be considered as a great asset for the role
- You are autonomous, responsible, flexible, very well organized, and solutions-oriented
If this new professional challenge interests you, do not hesitate to send your CV to François de Jamblinne.